Re: [IP] Morning Rise

> Michael wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Natalie A. Sera wrote:
> > > My biggest problem is rise and crash.
> >
> > What are you eating for breakfast. The above sounds like high glycemic
> > food and too much insulin.
> I usually have a cup of tea with milk and a bagel with butter or
> cream cheese.
> Admittedly, it's a high glycemic breakfast!
> I eat breakfast at 6 - 6:30 AM, and I take 2 units of Humalog to
> cover it, sometimes 3 if I wake up high.  I usually peak around 200
> - 225, and then crash into the 70's by 11 if I don't snack. The
> problem with that is that I can't eat lunch until 12.

I would think the butter/cream cheese would moderate the highly
refined flour in the bagel, but ...... you might consider switching
to something like whole wheat toast which takes longer to digest, or
good old frosted flakes or something like that. The problem is the
highly refined flours used in some kinds of cereals and breads.

Michael <email @ redacted>