Re: [IP] scales

At 07:01 PM 1/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I would like to get some sites from all of you that sell scales for weighing
>out my food.  I cannot get the carbo counting down by eyeballing what I make
>so I need to get a scale but have no idea where to even start looking.  It
>doesn't have to be fancy in fact the simpler (cheaper) the better because of
>budget problems.  Thank you.

You can do pretty well with one of those cheap diet scales that weighs
quantities up to 8 ounces or a pound.  I got one at Target for about $5.00
and used it for a long time.  I used it to weigh things like bread and
baked potatoes, and breakfast cereal.  For other things, I measured the
volume of the food and figured it out that way.  For Christmas, I asked
for, (and received!) a digital scale that weighs in ounces or grams, up to
about 6 pounds.  It came from this website:

I'm still getting used to it's new capabilities.

Also, if you haven't already read it, I wrote a "howto" on calculating the
carb content of homemade foods for the IP website.  It details how to count
carbs using several different methods: volume and weight, as well as
discussing carb counting in general.  Here's the URL:

Good luck!
Mary Jean