[IP] Re: High-Gly foods and Breakfast

     Dear Brad and everyone,
        I just learned from my team at Joslin that most of us are VERY
     insulin-resistant in the morning. I've had to adjust my
     carb-counting ratio to really deal with this. My ratio is 1 unit
     per every 6 grams carb at breakfast, whereas the rest of the day I
     use a 1:10 ratio.
        The funny thing is, when I'm in my menstrual cycle (sorry guys,
     but if this info can help any other women, it's important), I have
     to use that normal carb ratio (1:10) again at breakfast because
     otherwise I'll get super-low if I stay on the 1:6.
        What a bizarre and beautiful thing the body is.
     Siana, 24 y/o
     Type I, 15 years
     MM 507c pump, 2 months