Re: [IP] Homemade meals

Since all of you have access to a computer, probably in the home, I
recommend very highly a recipe program such as sold by Cooking Light
(availabe from Costco for $7.99).  Not only does this contain an good
supply of 1200 or so recipes with their nutritional analysis, it also
has a provision so that you can enter your own recipes and it will
provide a nutritional analysis based on the ingredients that you have
entered and the number of servings you specify for the recipe.  I find
this a tremendous help in determing, accurately, the carbohydrate grams
for my wife's own recipes and those I read from other sources and sound
good.  In other words, this program, or similar programs, do the work of
looking up the ingredients (from a list of 7 or 8 THOUSAND possible
ingredients), adding them up, and dividing them by the number of

Again, HIGHLY recommended for all diabetics.