[IP] Re: Placement

> I'm having my pump placed this Wednesday and have had several
> questions whirling though my mind...  I realize some of them may
> sound stupid, but nonetheless I figured you all would be the best
> ones to ask...

There are no stupid questions, but lots of dumb answers :-)
> 1.  Sleep-I am a very restless sleeper, I toss and turn and roll all
> the time....  What would be the best way to handle this with the
> pump???

Long set (43") throw the pump up by your pillow
> 2.  Skin-I have extremely sensitive skin and have a great fear of
> getting a rash or something from the tape.  Any suggestions???

Depends on whether or not you are actually allergic to any of the
tapes used in the set, patches, etc... wait and see. You may have
nothing to worry about. Their are several hypoallergenic tapes and
patches available.
> 3.  If your not hungry at lunch time do you have to eat or at any
> other time of the day and how does that affect your #'s both BG and
> Insulin?

You can eat when you want. Your basal rates should be set to support
fasting metabolism. It may take a little while to get this set
correctly and it is affected by your exercise, etc..... it's not
perfect, but works pretty well for most folks.

> 4.  I walk and do some exercise tapes, will the site get irritated
> from me moving around a lot and sweating?????
Probably not. If you have difficulty getting the set to "stay stuck"
you can apply some un-scented anti-perspirant to the skin before you
prep it. This will help. Most people do not have to do this.

> 5.  If you don't eat any carbs in a meal or snack do you have to
> bolus?

Nope, however bunches of protein do require a bolus or elevated basal
rate as protein does convert to carbs over a period of several hours.
Most people ignor this except for pizza or very large protein intake.

Michael <email @ redacted>