[IP] Meters, Pumps, Computers & all the rest

     As one of the (very) guilty members of society (for having directly
     caused the year 2K problem by not telling his supervisor what an idiot
     he has been and that all of our work would blow up in x years) I feel
     I have to come to the semi-defence of the SUPPORT PERSONEL...
     While I have been exasperated more often than not by support people,
     it is generally the LEVEL of support personel that determines the type
     and quality of help you get.  I have had support people from minimed
     who themselves USE the pump who were extraordinarily helpful, I have
     had support people who probably joined the company an hour previously
     with NO TRAINING and everything in-between.
     Generally, if the error is more than 'I put in the test strip and it
     did nothing' (ie it involves hooking the unit to a computer and
     ASK FOR A SR SUPPORT REP OR even better bribe the person to get you
     someone in development to speak with (I know a few and for the right
     bribe .....)
     It took me over two years of everything but buying a drink to get the
     proper protocol to communicate with the QID meter AND when I finally
     got it they INCLUDED FOR FREE the download hardware!!!  (hows that for
     making freinds in right places).
     Bottom line is: the support people really DO want to help BUT they are
     usually hindered by the fact that their training is from a text book
     (which would be much cheaper to send to each of us) and for the most
     part have NEVER themselves taken a blood test or programmed a pump
     (and certainly not at 2AM waking up HIGH and not all there).
     yerachmiel Bruchya haLevi Altman
     email @ redacted
     p.s.  I did actually fall off the edge of the world for a while.  All
     of those stories about the world being a globe, having no 'edges', etc
     are all UNTRUE!!!  If you travel east for a while over the atlantic
     without a tow line, watch out!!!