Re: Roche Diagnostics, was: Re: [IP] New insurance company

I'm sure it is variable.  When I couldn't get the meter to download the initial
person at the 800# was unhelpful but then forwarded me to a technician who spent
over an hour problem solving.  (We finally established it was one of 2 or 3
things and he sent me an entirely new package with several kinds of cables).
Maybe it just depends on who you get?

I've noticed with both the insurance co, the pump co and the bg meter cos that
the more I get on the phone and feel like they need to fix what is wrong and I'm
tired of all their mess ups, the less helpful the rep is.   I don't yell or
anything but the insistence in my voice might be part of it.  When I call and
very very nicely tell them how much I need their help because I can't figure out
how to fix a problem and when I keep steering them along, I get very good help
and they even give you their extension for the future.   I'm developing a theory
that these customer service people must feel like they get blamed for things
they didn't (at least not directly or initially) cause.  In the meantime, I am
sick to death of the insurance company cancelling perscriptions, and all the
endless run arounds too.