Roche Diagnostics, was: Re: [IP] New insurance company

At 03:25 PM 01/01/99 -0800, Ruth wrote:

>Randall or Bob (unclear who this is):
>The 1-800 # for Accu-Check tends to be rude and unhelpful.  Try your local
>They are much nicer and actually work with people.  The same seems to be
>true with
>Lifescan (although I've had a not so helpful rep and a nice phone assistant
>so go

Wish that I coulda ... The questions dealt with some very specific features
(or lack of) in the software / meter combination. My local rep was - I'm
searching my thesaurus here for the best phrase - Ah - I found it! -
*totally clueless*. Hence, my referral to the 800 "support" number. I
actually had to "train" the telephone support person in the use of the
meter, which was quite amusing. I had similar run arounds with these folks
when I was trying to get a copy of Camit to use with my Advantage meter
several years ago. They first refused to acknowledge the software's
existence. When confronted with names and numbers, they finally admitted
that it was available, but only to "professionals". I asked them how they
determined who was a "professional", and we danced in circles for a while
longer on that one ..... Grrrrrrrr. They should just release the code to
some developers who know what they're doing and reap the benefits of a much
more functional (interpret that as "profitable") tool.

I don't jump on my soapbox often, but this issue really yanks my crank :-|