Re: [IP] Having Doubts

Is it possible you are holding the button down to long or pressing more
then once.
Has any one in the group had this problem that she is expressing?

I was told that because sugar levels are more normal and people can eat
any time there is a possibility for weight gain. You need to adjust your
meal plan.
Did you think about getting shorter tubing?
Hang in there!

Christene Ullom wrote:
> I'm having some major doubts about my pump.  Since I started on the pump I
> have gained a great deal of weight.  Not only to mention the fact that I
> have felt miserable every since I started.  I tend to have many absorption
> issues. A lot more than when I was on injections. Then again when I was on
> injections half the time I don't think I was absorbing the insulin anyhow.
> I think that the only thing that the pump has done for me, is that it has
> taken care of the dawn phenomena.
> I fought for several months to get this pump. I have wanted it every since I
> first heard about the pump 12+ years ago. But I have never really pursued
> the issue.  Now that I have the pump. I'm not satisfied with the pump that I
> have. I don't know if the D pump has this problem.  But this is my 3 pump I
> have had swapped out since I have been on the pump for 3 months.  When I get
> the new pump, things appear to work fine, but then after awhile the select
> feature starts skipping screens.  Half the time I can't ever get to the
> bolus screen, it just skips right on to the suspend option, or even further.
> I'm frustrated.  I think I'm just stuck.  I'm going to give the pump 3 more
> months to see if it is something that I want to continue with. That way I at
> least have 6 months under my belt.
> I hear about others who have said, wow this thing has changed my life. I
> love it.  I don't feel that absolute about the pump.  That tubing is such a
> pain sometimes. I'm glad that my HBa1c has improved.  That is one positive I
> must say.  I feel like I'm an expert at the ability to juggle, but I can't
> keep those 3 balls in the air.
> Christene Ullom

Diabetes Knowledge Web Site