[IP] MDI cost versus pumping

Buddy,

I didn't see Michael's post on MDI being more expensive than pumping.  My
new (now former) endocrinologist, who doesn't really like pumps, was sort
of trying to get me off the pump, saying that MDI was just as effective and
much cheaper.  All I know is that the pump has worked for me for 13 years,
I think it is the best choice for most people with diabetes and I am not
switching!  I think he just doesn't want to have to learn about the pump
and he was uncomfortable that I knew more about it than he did.

If anyone has some stats or citations, please send them to me.  I will fax
them to him.

And I have an appointment with a pro-pump endocrinologist tomorrow!  :')

Janine

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted