RE: [IP] Re: Dark Ages

I have the greatest doc - he is Dr. Randall Riche in Pensacola.  The
more I read from ya'll I realize how very much I appreciate him.  I was
his first patient on the pump (1992) so we experimented some, but he
trusted me to have some judgement in my treatment.  I had a hysterectomy
in 93, Dr. Riche and I talked the hospital and surgeon into allowing me
to keep my pump on through the surgery.  For 3 days Dr. Riche stayed "on
call" for me.  The hospital would check my BS every two hours and call
him with the results.  He would then tell them what to do and they would
relay the message to my husband, who also stayed with me night and day,
and Ray would give me a bolus or any other adjustment.  Ray, my husband,
knew more than any of the nurses!  The nurses were very interested in
how the pump worked and how it helped me.  Through the whole process I
never went over 250, Dr. Riche said that would not have been possible
without my pump.  Another advantage to the pump.

Rita  email @ redacted
51 yrs old - 5 1/2 yrs pumping - type 1