[IP] Is Humalog worth it?

I had my first A1C test done since having switched to Humalog about 3
months ago.  It was the highest that it has ever been for me.  My A1C's
were running 6.5 to 6.9 and this one was 7.3!  I really like the idea
that Humalog is faster, but...  I have had to deal with the insulin
going bad or the site going bad; with it being slow to bring down really
high blood sugars; and the mental attitude of "eat now, bring it down
later when you can see how high that piece of food took me."  Can
someone give me a reason or encouragement to stay on Humalog?

- Jodi