Re: [IP] Re: Dark Ages

I too remember the "dark ages".  It seemed to me that "they" set up a life
style for you that was impossible and then blamed you when you failed.  I once
believed that they did this because they were so frustrated at not knowing
what to do that they found it easier to shift the blame to the patient.  We
had diet Vernors Ginger Ale.  I think it is made in the Detroit area.  It was
all that was available to me then.  It is still one of my favorites, but I
enjoy the variety.

Glad you are back Sara.  Missed you.

I had an educational experience this week.  I had to have some surgery and
since I was not going to be put out, I wanted to keep my pump.  The surgeon
had never operated on someone with a pump and was apprehensive.  My family doc
said it would be ok.  What I (and my doc) failed to explain to the surgeon was
to use normal saline instead of glucose.  When they checked an hour into
surgery, I had gone up to 250.  I had started at 130 and he said that he was
afraid I would drop too low.  I guess he missed the point of using a pump, but
he understands now and was very receptive to the bit of education.

Love my Pump!

Marti  type 1 32yrs  Minimed 507 9 months