[IP] Long time pumpers (diabetics) and old stuff

     This is my response to several things I've been reading.

     1] The 'oldies':  Having had diabetes for almost 35 years, I can tell
     you that the WORST of it
      * boiling needles because throwaways were not even THOUGHT of yet
      * clinitest TABLETS with that cute dropper/test tube holder
          (and colour tests for the colour blind among us)
      * the absolute certainty that life expectancy was a joke
      * the ORIGINAL ADA diet plan
      * the pleading from your relatives not to have kids because
          WHY SUBJECT YOUR WIFE AND KIDS TO THIS HORROR
     are mostly over.  (Drs STILL know nothing about nutrition and
     relatives will always be relatives)

     2] Pump in case:
        Having worn an AutoSyringe larger than life pump for a few years I
     do NOT wear the case even when I know that I'll be seeing a mini-med
     rep for some reason.  I don't wear to Drs office, shows, or anywhere.
     I keep the pump in my front left pants pocket where it has been since
     AutoSyringe came out with the 'SMALL' style pump (which was still
     quite a bit larger than today's).  I also wore the original Auto pump
     in a sock which I had cut the bottom off of and pulled 3/4 way up my
     lower leg (so pump was halfway between knee and foot) which worked as
     long as the original sock was QUITE a bit larger than I needed it to
     be.

     3] Biggest 'problem'

        WHERE IS MY ALMOST EMPTY ALARM???

        It would be SOOOOO easy to install a single lever mechanism (which
     could be SET at the level a PUMP USER would feel comfortable) allowing
     one to have the pump warn oneself that it was 'almost empty'.

     By the way: best way I've found to avoid the flu:

     Drive your family back and forth to emergency room and Drs for a week
     straight and instead of going to work stay home and care for all the
     sick kids and wife at home.

     Since the germs and I are on a 'holding pattern' (they don't infect me
     and I don't sweeten them to death) they don't seem to bother me so
     much.