[IP] case or not

I have a 507 mm and not lontg after I got it (3 or 4 months) I some how
lost all my basal rates! They said it may have been static electricity,
and that just for safety I should keep the pump in it's leather case as
much as possible.  I haven't had any problems since then with static E.
so.  I think that keeping it in the case keeps it cleaner also. I have
to clean my case from all the dead skin, so if the case wasn't there, it
would probably work it's way into the pump.  I don't know, thats my 2
cents.  L.Brack