[IP] Disetronic

Betty,
I have been using an insulin pump for 14+ years and am currently using the
Disetronic HTron (their original in the US).  I have been using it for about 5
years now.  Both of my pumps have been through end of use re-evaluation and
because I had small cracks around the battery case, they were both replaced at
no cost to me with reconditioned pumps.  I think the Disetronic is the best
pump I have had, and I've used 4 different pumps.  I like the audio bolus, the
frequency of the basal delivery, and the fact that it is waterproof.  I can
swim without worrying about disconnecting.  That's very liberating to me.  I
have begun to think the bolus in .5 units is a disadvantage, but it is
possible to have the pump reset by the company to go in .10 units.  I may look
into that, since as I fine tune with weight loss, I'm wishing I was not
limited to a bolus by .5 units.  I like the idea of 24 basal rates, although
my current doctor does not believe it is necessary for most patients to us
more than 2 or 3.  I may prove him wrong yet!
Pumping is wonderful!! The freedom of lifestyle is so much better than the
limitations of injections.
Go for it, and best wishes for successful pumping.
Beth