RE: [IP] Insulin "receding" was: Re: Reservoir getting stuck

> Bob,  I try to keep the pump elevated while its disconnected, but I still
have
> this "receding insulin syndrome."  MM didn't think there was any problem,
they
> suggested just priming until the insulin reaches the needle and then
> reconnecting.

The explanation ("barometer effect") seems right to me, based on my
experiences with disconnecting.  I use the same solution -- just prime it a
little bit before reconnecting, to make sure there's really insulin in that
thar tube. :-)

--Greg                             http://www.pobox.com/~gregleg/
"I hate to tell you this, sport, but you're relatively normal..."
  -- Edith Wilson