Re: [IP] Infusion set locations, was Site changes

On 21 Jan 98 at 18:32, email @ redacted wrote:

> The main reason I insert above the waist / belt line area is that I am
> leery of the waist on my pants or my belt pressing down on the area where
> the infusion set would be. Of course, no two pair of pants ride me the same
> way, making this issue a little tougher to solve ;-(

I generally wear jeans with a wide leather belt and try to keep a
good clearance between the belt area and the infusion site.

> Typically, I insert in an area starting approx. 1 to 1/12 inch above a line
> even with my navel, 3 inches to either side of the midline of my abdomen. I
> will follow this area toward the back of my body for about 4, maybe 5
> inches. I rotate sides and areas when I change sets. (Yes, as I write this
> I am actually sitting here with a ruler measuring the target area. I don't
> know what I'll say if someone walks in and sees me doing this ;-))

Just say "wow - last time this was 5 inches of spare tire and now
only 4.5..."

> Again, there is not a lot of extra tissue here, but there is virtually
> nothing (tissue, that is) below the line even with my navel. Naturally, the
> real estate gets distributed differently when I change from standing to
> sitting, so it's hard to plan on the ideal site.

Many of us "middle aged" fellows have this type of dynamic anatomy.
Oh well, at least I've got plenty of spots at the moment...

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.