Re: [IP] Site changes

> I'm kind of embarrassed asking this question - I would hope that after 21+
> months of pumping, I would know this, but ...
>
> I have heard a number of people say that infusion sets inserted "above the
> waist" are uncomfortable. For the life of me, I cannot imagine inserting an
> infusion set "below the waist". Now, is it simply that I am equating
> "waist" with "belt line", hence my confusion?

Lily inserts her sof-sets about 1 1/2 to 2 inches below the navel
alternating between right and left sides of her abdomen each time she
changes her set. She rotates the site on each side around in an oval
pattern about 2 inches accross.  She used to do this with bent
needles as well before switching to the sof-set.  Everything is
hidden when she wears shorts or 2 piece bathing suits.  When she
started pumping she was quite small (thin) and the sofset went too
deep, now that she is a little bigger, it works fine. Once and a
while, it hurts her when it goes in. She uses a sof-serter.

She is not on the list, but if you would like to e-mail her about it,
she can be reached at

email @ redacted

Michael
email @ redacted