[IP] Site changes

I have found the last messages interesting - I would just like to get a day before worrying about 6 though.  I recently began using the pump after 27 years with DM.  The nurse educator thought that I should avoid the abdominal sites that I've used for U before.   I can understand that, but I'm quite thin and finding a site above the waist is difficult.  Almost without fail I end up with a no delivery alarm in less than a day - 20 hours is the longest.  I'd appreciate it if someone can educate me.
Lori