Re: [IP] My endo says no

I have trained 2 patients who started on pumps and were type 2. Part of the
reasoning was that with a pump, many people require less insulin-about 25%
less and so with the pump, they were hoping to get less insulin resistance.

Gina

> Hi:
>     I had my first visit with an Endochronoligist last
> month.  At that ime he said that the pump sounded like a
> good idea.  However, at my second visit (wednesday) he said
> that the first line of the  HMO's paper work required that I
> be type 1 (I'm not).  He said he would continue to look for
> a way around this, but I am skeptical.  In the mean time I
> will stay subscribed to this mail list, if I may,  as their
> is lots of good information here.  Suggestions?   Thanx

The way around is based on your doc's assessment of your 'need', your
control, and your hbA1c's

You will probably have to APPEAL the refusal and maybe even threaten
to sue them, that is what I did when they took a year and a half to
decide to pay the bill.  Get a hold of Laura Bywater at MiniMed, she
can help you with the words for letters, etc...  The Disetronic folks
probably have someone on staff that does the same thing.  D... folks,
are you there??

Michael

Michael <email @ redacted>