Re: [IP] insurance recourse?

Dddye -
In reference to getting insurance to approve or pay for the pump:

One thing that is repeated time and time again on this list; DO NOT GIVE UP,
DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER.
Document how the pump helps. Continue to bombard the insurance with statistics
and personal stories. Get your doctor to continue the fight. Someone suggested
threatening to sue. When I decided to get on the pump my insurance said no as
well. My husband and I decided we would go ahead anyway and find a way to pay
for it on our own. Our insurance company wrote a special clause just for us
(basically so no one else could use it) and ended up paying for it. Policies
change, try each month. People know different things and ways, talk with
different people within the system . . . someone may give you a different
answer. Overall: DO NOT GIVE UP.
   Katie