[IP] insurance recourse?

I am doubly insured. One through my employer, the other through my husband's
HMO Kaiser.  My doctor at Kaiser says No.  She can't do it because I am too
controlled for the pump. Even though I am having AM blood sugars form 160 to
250 every morning. She also will not prescribe ACE inhibitors that might also
help as well. I am already on a very restricted diet and exercise.  They only
give the pump to people who have really terrible A1c's.
My other insurance first said wha tis the HMO doing about it, and then said
they do not cover the pump or its supplies at all.  They also said that if the
Hmo won't pay for the ACE inhibitors they won't either.
Nice huh? Unless I win 10 million dollars there is no way that I would be able
to afford either, even though I know that I am better off with the pump.