[IP] insurance coverage...help

Hi,

We're looking into an insulin pump for our son and have been told that the
supplies will fall under durable medical equipment with a 20% co-pay with the
insurance company paying 80% on the least expensive comparable equipment(which
means to me that my son may not get the most appropriate equipment for him, or
if he does it could cost us too much money)

I was wondering what other insurances were covering for supplies. Also how do
I go about fixing this so our son gets what he needs...Not quite sure how to
approach this one.

Thanks,

Mary