Re: [IP] Length of site use

Denise,

I use sofsets, and I wipe the site with alcohol.  I know that is out of
vogue, but I still do it.  I don't use anything else.  If I remember, I
wash my hands.  Sometimes I take a shower first, but not always.  I find
that tape comes up a lot faster if applied soon after a shower.

Today I used the sofserter for the first time and loved it.  My set had
been in for 11 days and is not infected.  My blood sugars are up today, but
I was on a liquid diet for 2 days and re-entered solid food world a little
too enthusiastically.

I do change tape around day 3-4.  I find that most, if not all, of the
irritation I get is tape related.  I use the tape that comes with the set,
then Tegaderm or minimed tape (name escapes me!).

Janine
MM506

>Wow, six days, I wish I could do that.  I always seem to get those pump bumps.
>This time I put down IV prep, used an anti-bacterial wash and put the set in
>through the prep.  Hope this will allow me to go longer.  Since you go so long
>I am curious as to which set you use and how you prepare your site.
>
>Denise
>MM 507

Vancouver, BC, Canada
email @ redacted