Re: [IP] Humalog - clarifying the infusion site problem

Hey Buddy,
I told my CDE that I know of a guy that gets more than 2-3 days from
his set using Velosulin.  She just gets irritated and tells me not
to use a set longer than 2-3 days and that the type of insulin makes
no difference in the duration of a set length..  She just claims
that the body is trying to close it off because it's a foreign object.
I don't know what to tell her since I don't have any experience..
I just started yesterday, I must say that the worst part was getting
the infusion set in..but after that pretty cool.. When I got
home from the doctor the inside of the cartridge compartment had leaked
insulin into the case... I don't know how this happened.. It's a
Disetronic.  The only thing I could think of was that I was using a
plastic cartridge and they said they would send me some glass ones..
So I'll have to see how long I can get out of them before messing with
mixing and such..
Forrest