[IP] One of those scary nights.

Lily crashed big time last night - she's OK now but it was scary.

Mimi and I were in bad talking about stuff of the day, and just
falling asleep about 12:00, I heard a voice an thought it was one of
the twins talking in his sleep, ya know little voice that makes no
sense.  I said 'what's that', but it went away so I ignored it. A
minute or two later, I heard it again and got up to investigate.

Heard strange noises, gurgling sounds from Lily's room - and PANIC
button time.  I turned on her light and she was twitching a little
eyes rolled up, all the bad stuff. She had bitten her cheek and was
bubbling bloody spittle, and having difficulty breathing - heart
racing, etc...

I hollered for Mimi and some how levitated up on to Lily's bed
(platform bed about 5 feet off the floor).  I've got a nice bruise on
my thigh that I have no idea how I got.

After about 1/2 to 3/4 of a tube of glucose gel rubbed on her gums
(and all over everything else) she began to come around. This took
about 20 minutes and she was still pretty in-coherent (doesn't
remember any of this either).  By 12:20, she could talk to me and but
was still pretty unresponsive.  She let me prick her finger (she
never lets me do that) and managed to apply the blood to her
one-touch.  bg was 81.  Nine more glucose tabs went in by 1:30 and
her bg was still 80. At 2:00 it jumped to 170, she bolused a unit of
insulin and went to sleep, at 3:00 she was 390 and bolused about 4
units which brought her down to 190 at 6:30 (another bolus) and by
10:30 she was only 160.

She said she felt like she weighed 1000 lbs at 3:00.

What triggered all this.  Well, Lily likes dessert and about 7 or
7:30 had mom's apple pie - except her piece was much smaller than
what she bolused for (I think). It appears that she got 2 - 3 units
more insulin than she needed combined with a dinner of relatively
short acting carbos.  Steak, potatoes, PIE and milk. Lily is big on
potatoes.  At bed time 10:30 or so, her bg was 84. Apparently she
went over a cliff sometime shortly after that or was on her way down
when she went to bed and did not realize it.

Her comments:  She is going to skip dessert now.

I dropped her off at school about an hour and half ago.

Michael
email @ redacted