Re: [IP] stomach-aches

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Laci 1 wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have an 8 year old daughter who was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
> She is on a 2 shot regimen/day.  (NPH and Humalog)  She complains of stomach
> aches and not feeling well.  For the most part she is a happy little girl
> except for the stomach aches.  I don't think it is psychological as she at
> least appears well adjusted and accepting of her situation.  I also don't see
> any correlation between BS levels and her complaints.
>
> I have heard several of you mention that you felt much better after you gave
> up NPH when you began pump therapy.  How did you feel better?  Also did any of
> you have stomach aches in the past or currently?
>
> I appreciate any comments or thoughts -  thank you!
>
> Sherri Lynn (Laura's mom)

I can only guess, but....  Lily complained for a year or so after
diagnosis of occasional stomach aches.  My guess... the pancreas being
attacked by the immune system and complaining about it. It is in about
the right place to cause the pain -- mild ache right? broad area centered
below the rib cage.

Let me know, I am curious

Michael