Re: [IP] frozen insulin

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, chrissie wrote:

> I left my month supply of humalog out in my truck and it started to
> freeze, it never froze solid though.  I was wondering if anyone has had
> any problem with using humalog that has gotten colder than what is
> recomended on the package.

Eli Lilly is very specific about NOT doing this. I suggest you contact
them and ask. They are quite nice.  If it did not actually freeze, just
got real cold, it is probably OK.  I think they are worried about the
ingrediants separating if frozen or cold for a very long time and
screwing up the potentcy.  I have a letter about it at work, I think it
may be covered in the package insert.

CALL THEM.

Michael