[IP] Humalog - clarifying the infusion site problem

> Welcome Samuel,
> I think everyone uses Lispro even though it is not officially approved
> for the pump.  You might find it interesting to go through the archives
> from the group since this is a popular topic.  I think the latest is
> using 1/5 velosolin to 4/5 Lispro because Lispro is unstable if
> unrefriderated and the buffer in the V stablizes it. Good Luck   Michelle

Please don't propagate this myth.  The Humalog is perfectly stable.
At the same temperatures as other insulin.

The problem reported repeatedly is that there is some interaction
with humalog and the infusion site that prevents humalog from being
absorbed as readily as other insulins. This phenomena, while well
documented, is not well understood. Adding regular insulin to Humalog
appears to moderate this problem and remove some of the 'jaggedness'
in the bodily response to the humalog infusion (or injection
probably), 'smoothing out' the ride.

Michael
email @ redacted