Re: [IP] Re: Additional info on Humalog probs for Lilly

> Michael:
>     Ditto, ditto, ditto......I definitely feel we get a "smoother, more
> predictable ride" with the velosulin( which Melissa switched back to last
> week) than when she was on Humalog- although there is a significant difference
> in postprandials. Certain aspects of each work well on her, so the "cocktail"
> is an intriguing option, especially in light of Lily's successful
> "experiment.".......Hmmmmmmm.....
>
> Still considering,
> Renee

Lily changed her set again today, the 3rd change of 4 day stints.

3:00 am bg's were 105, almost the same as the night before.  She
slept in 'til 10:00 so was about 140 when she awoke.  Vastly improved
stability.  I am now firmly in the MIX IT camp.  We have not
experimented with ratios, just picked the one being used out of the
air.  My opinion is that less regular is better than more, as long as
it works.  I think we will stick to the 5/1 H/V mix unless something
happens to force a change.

Bottom line, little if any noticeable difference in response from
Humalog with respect to onset and time duration of peak
effectiveness.   Lily has shortened her square wave

From:  1/3 + 2/3 over 3.5 hours

To:  1/2 + 1/2 over 2.5 hours.

This is partly due to the fact that she change the way she caculates.
before, she calculated just the food bolus and then bolused ALL of
the 3.5 hours of basal rate at the beginning. (Probably the same as
1/2 - 1/2).  Now she adds her basal to the bolus calculation and THEN
divides it up. -- Remember, she has a 506, the 507 does this
automatically for you.

My advice is to switch to a mix if you have ANY problems with
Humalog.  Just remember the old saying, don't change your medication
without first consulting with your health care team, blah, blah,
blah....

Michael
email @ redacted