Re: [IP] tender set and 506?

Michelle Rands wrote:

> Help.  I decided to try the tender.  First of all the syringe door
> doesn't close when I put the syringe in the short syringe method, the
> little metal lock does not seat down far enough.  Then I wasn't sure I
> had inserted the set deep enough.  The adhesive seated before the needle
> was all the way in.  How long is the catheter?  I'm not sure I even got
> it in.  I'll test my sugar in a while to make sure.  I was trying this
> set because I thought it might look flatter under clothes.  Michelle

I use the Tender regularly.  I can't answer the door problem, because I
use the Disetronic, but you are correct in your assessment of the tape
seating befor the catheter is fully inserted.

It has never cause a problem for me...I think it is just a function of
the angle at which this particular set is inserted.

One warning:  don't try to correct it by going in at a steeper angle.
First, it doesn't make a difference.  Second, IT HURTS!

Mike