[IP] alcohol swabs

Sara,
The latest I've heard is that the alcohol just distributes the germs
around the site more evenly, dries the skin and that it dissolves the fat
under the skin.  If the last statement is true why can't we bathe in it?
In 20 years of injecting I never use alcohol (except when I am in the
CDE's office and they make me) and have never had any infection problems.
 I also injected through my clothes.  Don't worry, my seemingly
unorthodox method of injecting has been studied and deemed acceptable.
Although, I wouldn't recommend it with an infusion set, hee hee.
Michelle