Re: [IP] Eli Lily comments

Guys, I just met with my CDE today.. I go on the pump next Thursday by
the way.. and I asked her why some people have to switch their infusion
set after two days using humalog.. and this was her answer..
She said that after so long the body tries to close off the foreign
object sticking in it thus reducing the effectiveness of absorption
causing the need to change the set.  She told me that Humalog was the
best insulin to use with a pump so far and that the "type" of insulin
doesn't cause the absorption problem it's the "foreign-object"
explanation.
She also told me that it was unwise to mix the insulins.. She said why
set yourself up for that kind of unpredictability.  True, I thought, but
if it really could extend the life of an infusion set, hell, that's a
cost
savings all around..  So I guess that question is pre-mature for her
anyway.
And since there is no real evidence to the contrary, other than
anecdotal,
you couldn't say she was wrong about this, could we?
I'm thinking this might be an isolated problem, but I'm glad to know
that
it exists so I can have it in my bag of tricks when I need to start
troubleshooting..
Forrest