Re: [IP] nervous hands

Title: Re: [IP] nervous hands

> From: "Randall Winchester" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: Re: [IP] nervous hands
> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:15:27 +0000
>
>On 7 Jan 98 at 21:23, email @ redacted wrote

>One of my "hot buttons" is people who claim to be positive while
>being downright mean. The truth is that injections cause severe pain
>for some people. Others could take a shot with a horse needle like
>the vets use and never notice it. The simple truth is that people
>are different, and to call someone a "weenie" just because it hurts
>doesn't accomplish anything except make you feel good about being
>"superior" for a few seconds.

Hi Randall:
I'm sorry that you feel you were flamed. Flaming is an unfortunate by product of the internet. Perhaps we can alter this thread to be more positive by answering this question: how would you rate the relative pain of blood testing vs. insulin injection vs. infusion set insertion. Since I am not yet pumping, I can't comment on the last item. However, I do know that the blood letting exercise for bg testing is more painful for me than the insulin injection.
Certainly the pains mentioned above are less than those of complications.
Good Health

Ernest Hayman
type 2, MDI, 20 years