[IP] First meter

My doctor excitedly told me about the wonderful, new at home glucose meter in
1980, after I had gone through a pregnancy guessing how I was doing!  It was
an Ames Dextrometer, that you rinsed and dried then put back into the meter
for a reading.  It was clumsy and hard to do away from home, but it was such
an improvement over the urine testing that had never meant a thing!  I also
remember the old guillotine style lancet device.  It was nasty!  I am grateful
that I had a great GP back there who wanted the best for me and my young son.
The good old days.!  Boy, am I glad those days are gone!!!
Beth