RE: [IP] Re: Totally Cool New Meter

On  7 Jan 98 at 17:04, Greg Legowski wrote:

> I've been using a trial DEX meter for a bit over a week now, and I've been
> VERY happy with it.

Who did you talk to to get on the tryout list?  Maybe they'd like a
few more willing subjects?

> Why is it that people always seem to react to food and diabetes in one of 2
> ways -- "Don't eat that!" or "Come on, a little won't hurt"?

I've often wondered that too...  and I've decided that it can be a
number of things:

1 - ignorance
2 - arrogance or a frustrated control freak
3 - attempts to help
4 - lack of empathy
5 - over supply of empathy.

I've decided it is best to assume that they react out of compassion
and gently correct them in the same tone of voice you'd use to
correct a young, cute child who accidentally managed to pour purple
Kool-Aid (you know - the stuff that leaves permanent stains)  on the
insurance salesman who wouldn't leave your front door.  Firmly,
quickly, gently and with a sense of humor...

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.