Re: [IP] Re: Retinal Bleeds

URTAsef wrote:

> Harriet wote to me but I htought it would be of interest to all:
>
> >Dear Sara,
> >
> >I was so sorry to hear about your latest bleed.  I have been coping with the
> same >thing lately.
>
> >All my doctors say that lowering BLOOD PRESSURE is as important as lowering
> >blood sugars.  My experience has born this out ten years ago when I had my
> first >bleed and a few months ago -- My BP was out of control!  The good news
> is that >I found a medication that works (a beta blocker).  The bad news is
> that it makes >me feel lousy.  I am willing to put up with this in order to
> save my eyesight.
>
> Harriet:
>
> First of all sorry to hear about your own trauma with your eyes.  This sucks,
> out loud!!
>
> I was aware of the blood pressure affecting the bleeds - my doc said even a
> nightmare that raised my blood pressure could cause one, not to mention the
> other blood pressure raising stresses of day to day life (driving down the
> highway, hailing a cab, 5:00 Friday deadlines...), or taking Advil, naprosyn -
> and those other good pain relievers that work like Tylenol doesn't...BUT my
> blood pressure is actually one of the few things that DOES work right!  It was
> high back in college, but I also weighed 30 pounds more.  (can you say
> freshman 10 and then some??)
>
> Since college I have lost all that (and could stand to lose another 20) but my
> bp has been normal since the late 80s.  I have been on Norvasc and/or Capoten
> since 94 for my kidneys.  Now I am on Capoten.  I think it is an ace inhibitor
> that is normally used for blood pressure.  My bp now hovers aroun 100/65 - At
> first I had to watch it when I stood up real fast - now I am used to it, and
> don't notice any side affects other than a nightime cough.....which sucks too
> cuz sometimes I cough so hard I make my eye bleed.
>
> It is usually at times of great uproar in my life I have noticed.  The day my
> contract in Texas ended.  The day I got my first independent contract gig, the
> first day back after a wonderful vacation.  Then there are the unexplainable
> ones...sitting in bed needlepointing, eating dinner.
>
> knock on wood - this one seems to be clearing relatively fast...As long as the
> eye can clear it on its own, I don't think I'll have to have the other
> vitrectomy - and I don't wanna have it!
>
> Sara

In France, they use grape seed extract to strengthen the retinal
cappilaries and vessels.  I take 60mg daily.  Even though my bG has not
been in good control (A1c 11.6   ouch), I have no signs of retinopathy.

I dfon't know if the grape seed extract had anything to do with it or
not...but it can't hurt!

Mike