Re: [IP] higher target range for retinopathy?

>I was having bleeds before I went on the pump and I was NOT in good
>control
>even tho I was on MI.  When I was considering tyhe pump and had to
>prove my
>worth, so to speak, by keeping a log book of testing and eating, was
>the first
>time I ever really consciously tried to keep my sugar down.  When I
>went on
>the pump, my A1cs dropped immediately - from 10 or so to 6.2!   I also
>lost 12
>pounds, due to the fact that I had to write down every time I ate
>Fritos...and
>it started to look embarassing, so I just stopped eating them so
>much...
I wondered if immediate increased control contributed to existing
retinopathy.  I guess a few studies validate the fact even though my Dr
denys it.  But congrats on the weight loss, but I know that the thought
of losing your sight can be scarry.  My retinopathy has stabilized, I
think.  I am waiting the 30 days to get onto John's insurance to find out
and do anything like laser.  I am taking getting under better control
very slowwly...Thanksgiving and Christmas helped.

How long have you been on the pump?

>something - I sdometimes get tunnel vision when I get low - so I know
>something is going on in them eyeballs.

I was experiencing that too for a while.

Maybe I need to be in a chat group but I love babble.  Keep it coming.
You've got a great sense of humor.
                                            Michelle