Re: [IP] strange occlusion in cannula

Mike Maturen wrote:

> I am a Disetronic user.  The last three infusion sets (Tender) have
> caused occlusion alarms.  The cartridge and tubing are fine.  When I
> remove the cannula from the site, it is clogged with a whitish material.
> It appears waxy, but crumbles when handled.
>
> In 6 years of pumping, I have never seen this.  Neither has the
> Disetronic service group.  It has happened on the last three sets.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mike Maturen

Mike,
This has happened to me more times than I can remember.  I finally gave
up and switched over to the bent needles.  Like you, nobody I knew had
ever experienced this so I didn't know what else to do.  I even tried
changing the tender everyday but it didn't help.  Maybe it has something
to do with body heat.  I don't know.  I've got a box full of tenders
that I'd like to be able to use if anybody knows the answer to this
problem.
Lori