Re: [IP] Minimed's new continuous glucose sensor

I think this glucose sensor sounds absolutely amazing!  I am very excited.

I just talked to my Minimed rep about the glucose sensor and he says that
they are hoping the it will be available in the US in approximately 3
months and here in Canada soon after that.  The sense I got is that once it
gets here, it will be available to everyone immediately.  The only initial
problem in BC will be that the provincial government will not want to pay
for any of it.  But they just got around to acknowledging the value of
blood testing strips, so...

He said it was hard wired.  Does this mean metal in the skin?  I love my
cannulas!!  But it would be worth it.  And he said that you can set a high
level and a low level and if your blood glucose hits either, the sensor
will go off.

Now hopefully the time frame I was told is accurate and we won't have to
wait for years.

Janine
Type 1 for 18 years
pump for 13 years