Re: [IP] Bruising from injections

I don't know how old your daughter is cuz I am lazy and haven't looked at your
profile (sorry), but I was dxed at age 10 - they had me practice on oranges
and pillow, but never myself.  I was _only_ 10 of course and MUCH too young to
take care of myself (back in 1974).  Consequently my mom did all my shots for
the next couple of years and thus was at the mercy of her dartboard technique.

Finally at about age 12, I summoned the courage to tell her that it hurt and
could she do it dif....   She said here do it yourself...so I did......nice
and slow and she never did another one.  My arms still got some brusies as did
my legs, just cuz that is a natural reaction when you poke a hard metal object
into the fragile human skin, but they subsides.

Does your daughter use her legs or tummy?  Much less pain there than in the
Bee-hind - there is a giant nerve there that my dear darling mummy managed to
nail every time.

Sara who no longer looks like a dartboard, except after rotating sites...and I
kinda LIKE that sticky stuff on my stomach for two days...especially when the
black fuzz from my clothes starts to stick to it 8-)