Re: [IP] weight gain

Nancy:

When I went on the pump in April of 1996, I quickly lost about 10 pounds
within the first 4 months, then lost another 8 since then. Seems that this
is due to less overindulging for treating hypos, and elimination of three
snacks during the day. It is also possible that taking less insulin
resulted in some weight loss. Now I treat hypos strictly with Glucose
tablets, snack only when I want to.

For me, the first 8 pounds were nice to lose. The other 10 since then are
missed. Now I would like to gain some back. I need some more "infusion site
real estate" around my middle ;-)

It is frequently stated that pump initiation will result in some weight
gain - probably due to the realization that you have much more freedom with
your diet. I don't think this is a general *rule* though.

If you wanted to lose those pounds, good for you ;-)

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted