Re: [IP] Suspend It

----------
> From: A. Muse <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Suspend It
> Date: Saturday, December 27, 1997 11:43 AM
>
> Does anyone else ever suspend their pump for an hour or so instead of
> eating -- to correct a moderately low BG?
>
> I often do.  But a doubt it is an ADA-approved method.
>
> A.M.
> email @ redacted

Yes! It helps to control the unwanted weight too- instead of eating your
way out of everything. I usually use a temp basal rate of 0.0 u/hr for 30
min to 1 hour because I  forget to turn the pump back on when it is in
suspend. I use Humalog in my pump. I only do this for say a 70 to 80 BG
which feels like it is dropping. If I have hypoglycemic symptoms, I eat. I
do not have hypoglycemia unawareness. I did this a lot when I was pregnant
and normal was 60-90mg/dl. I didn't want to overshoot the hypo treatment
and usually erred on the low side. Just what works for me.

Gina