Re: [IP] Darn Insurance Companies

Medicare is supposed to cover diabetes supplies as of Jan.1, 1998 and diabetes
education in July, 1998. I don't have the details about this, but if you have
major concerns, as I am sure you do from your message, then I would also write
my US       congress person/senator  and let them know about your concerns. We
got a state law passed in WV by lobbying our state legislators, and I
personally testified at a joint house insurance sub-commitee two months after
my mother died from the complications of her diabetes. I have a 75 year old
patient on a pump since April 97, and her insurance coverage has not been a
problem.  Since I am at home I don't have particulars on her insurance
provider (sorry about that).  Good luck, keep fighting for what you
need!!!!!!!
Barb