[IP] insurance coverage for pump supplies

Michael wrote:

->Re: Darn Insurance Companies

->The supplies that go with the insulin pump are not pharmacy items,
->they are home-medical supplies and have a different set of code numbers.
->You should be able to purchase them under the 'home-medical' portion of
->you policy -- maybe from anyone you choose.
->Ask your mini-med or disetronic rep for a list of the medical supply
->code numbers, then talk to the insurance co.
->Specifically with respect to Blue Shield/Blue Cross, I know this to be
->true.  I have been with them for many years (and many hassles).

Michael,

Maybe you've been with BC/BS for many years, but each state's outfit
is different, has different rules and regs, etc.

I don't know where you live, but Massachusetts BC/BS won't deal that
way.  I did get the medical supply code numbers from MiniMed and
tried that, but no dice.

-lee-