Re: [IP] Re: mental attitude ????

I encourage people to go on pumps because it's a lot easier to see them in my
office once in a while instead of at the hospital for their kidney dialysis,
amputation or heart bypass surgery. Unfortunately too many people are in such
a state of denial they will not do anything to control their diabetes until
they are hospitalized and immobilized. At that time they are forced to follow
a meal plan, sugars are checked 4 times daily and insulin adjusted
accordingly.

I see plenty of people who are excellent candidates for insulin pumping. They
know the option exists, but I don't push it if they are happy (or at least
content) with MDI. A glyco of 7% on MDI and the pateint is happy? GREAT!

drc