Re: [IP] Re: Counting carbs

I've found that when I eat out or overeat, I have a high 4 - 8 hours later.
Food eaten out is always higher than the normal ratio for me. Humalog with a
Disetronic pump, I bolus for the meal than about 1-2 hours later hit myself
with an extra 2-5 depending. Then check again about an hour after that. If
it's night and I don't plan on being awake. I use the temporary basel rate and
increase between 10% to 60% once again depending on what I've eaten.

As you may guess, I've gained weight. 1998 is my year to stop chasing food
with insuling and get on with the food and exercise plan. The upside is my A1c
is better than ever at 6.4
Katie