[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

[IP] Re: Darn Insurance Companies

The supplies that go with the insulin pump are not pharmacy items, 
they are home-medical supplies and have a different set of code numbers.

You should be able to purchase them under the 'home-medical' portion of
you policy -- maybe from anyone you choose.

Ask your mini-med or disetronic rep for a list of the medical supply
code numbers, then talk to the insurance co.

Specifically with respect to Blue Shield/Blue Cross, I know this to be
true.  I have been with them for many years (and many hassles).