[IP] Open Source closed loop and Minimed 7 series

Hello all

A week ago I assembled a OpenAPS based Closed loop pancreas system
https://openaps.org/
It uses a small linux computer and an algorithm to make adjustments every 5
min  based on the readings from my Dexcom

The assembly install, process is a little complex and daunting BUT the
results are AMAZING

Ive had 4 nights in a row of really good sleep and woken up within 10 points
of 100 BG

Last night I had 3 pieces of Pizza hut stuffed crust pizza and a skinny
margarita and gave myself a conservative regular bolus ( no extended bolus )
and BG peaked at about 2 am at about 160 and was back within 10 points of
100 when I woke up ...  In the past pizza has resulted in BG of 250+ that is
difficult to bring down and requires multiple corrections and an extended
bolus

So AGAIN its amazing.  The issue is that it uses out of warrant Minimed
pumps

So if ANY of you have a 7 series minimed pump that is in good shape and
meets a certain firmware restriction I would love to make a donation to you
or to IP in return for the pump ... Im currently using a borrowed 515 and I
need 7 series due to larger cartridge AND I plan to use the Open APS system
as long as I can and I need back up equipment

Doug